What do you do in case of a Veterinary Emergency?Call us at 519-822-1805 during regular business hours.
Monday to Friday: 8am – 7pm
Saturday: 9am – 2pm
If it is after regular business hours:
Call the Emergency Veterinary Clinic at 519-650-1617.
- Try to remain calm.
- Be careful when handling your pet. Animals in pain may bite.
- If your pet is bleeding and there is no foreign object such as glass in the wound, then apply direct pressure to try to slow the blood flow.
- If your pet has eaten something that you think may be poisonous, keep the package and bring it with you. You can also call Poison Control at 1-888-232-8870.
- If you suspect your pet has broken a bone, or if your pet is unable to walk, move your pet very carefully. Place your pet on a flat surface or blanket to minimize movement during transport.
- Printout map and proceed quickly and safely to veterinary care.
Pet Poison Hotline
$35.00 US per incident fee(covers the initial consultation as well as all follow up calls associated with the management of the case.
This service is staffed by veterinarians, clinical toxicologists, licensed veterinary technicians and other health care professionals.
ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center
$55.00US consultation fee
Staffed by Veterinarians, Board Certified Toxicologists and certified veterinary technicians.